Hello Guest

Author Topic: ScrollableArea masks  (Read 3792 times)

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
ScrollableArea masks
« on: November 12, 2013, 03:53:49 pm »
I have two horizontal scrollable areas that I want to be side by side. The problem is the masks: the mask overlays the other scrollable area and hides the rest of that content. How should one deal with this situation? Thanks!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ScrollableArea masks
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 03:59:50 pm »
You can put them on different z depths. The 2 blue masks shouldn't overlap, and neither should the content from one scrollable area over another.

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 04:10:15 pm »
Putting them on different z depths didn't seem to help. Hrm..

Strange part is I can use the demo scene and duplicate the scroll area and put on a diff z depth and it works fine. Must be doing something weird on my end, not sure what though.

Ok, got it now, thanks! I had some offsets on the content itself that was screwing with things. Also, I had colliders on the masks (the ones in the demo do as well, not sure why?) that were messing up the overlapping so I removed them.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:25:33 pm by fsadeq »

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 01:40:15 pm »
I don't know why, but I find it difficult to set up Scrollable Areas and getting them working. It's fairly straightforward, but I can't seem to get it to work half of the time until I just reset everything. I'm having issues now getting it to scroll on the Y axis. It works perfectly with the X axis, but as soon as I arrange the content so it is vertical, then change the Scroll Axis to Y, it stops working. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm calculating the new content length and all, is there anything else I'm missing? Thanks.

EDIT: I always forget to adjust the Visible Area Length, got it now.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:56:46 pm by fsadeq »