Hello Guest

Author Topic: Unity 4.3 hanging upon close  (Read 9270 times)

DemiGoth

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Unity 4.3 hanging upon close
« on: November 13, 2013, 09:48:35 am »
Now that I've upgraded to Unity 4.3 and 2D toolkit 2.3, I get more hangups in Unity upon shutdown than before. Since I'm only using 2D toolkit as additional asset, and the 2.2.3 version had similar hangup problems, I thought to drop the problem here as well...

The hangups mostly occur when I've tested my program in the Unity editor (using PLAY button) a couple of times and want to exit Unity. When doing so, nothing happens, other than Unity hanging itself up (not responding in taskmanager) and I have force-close it.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Unity 4.3 hanging upon close
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 09:55:13 am »
Anyone else having similar issues?

ccampama

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 12:49:46 pm »
I am experiencing exactly the same issue. The only thing I've noticed is that when I click on the X to close Unity, suddenly the * appears in the bar, next to the scene name (just as if something is modified, but it was not!). Then Unity hangs. I'm using "Unity Serializer" as the only other plugin, so I don't really know if this "*" detail has something to do with the hangups or if it's related to Serializer but Unity would hang just the same without it.
I also started noticing the hangups with 2.2.3.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 12:58:10 pm »
2.2.3 in what version of Unity?

ccampama

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 03:21:23 pm »
In my case, it started happening at least in 4.2.2. Yesterday I upgraded Unity to 4.3 and could check that the issue persisted.

DemiGoth

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 03:26:21 pm »
2.2.3 in what version of Unity?
Had a couple of those hangups with 2.2.3 as well in the last 4.2 Unity build. But it were only a few back then. Now (2d toolkit 2.3 and Unity 4.3) if hangs after almost every session I try to close.

TMK

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Dragonhead Games
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 06:10:09 pm »
I've upgraded to Unity 4.3 and 2D Toolkit 2.3, and I've experienced hangings when closing a couple times too. Note, this is a big project with many plugins so might not be related to 2D Toolkit. I'll try to create a simple project to see if it happens there as well.

nacs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 08:03:50 pm »
Same issue here after updating to 4.3 (with 2dtoolkit also updated to latest). It seems to eventually close but after many minutes.

DemiGoth

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 09:03:16 pm »
Same issue here after updating to 4.3 (with 2dtoolkit also updated to latest). It seems to eventually close but after many minutes.
How many minutes..? On my system I've had Unity3D 'open' for over 15 minutes after I've pressed the X to close. And I don't have a real slow system (nor really fast either - Phenom X6 1090T)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 10:25:19 pm »
I'm not exactly sure this has anything to do with tk2d code specifically, it may be a general thing...  I seem to be getting a fair few shutdown (and debugger) hanging in Unity 4.3 in another project which doesn't have tk2d in it at all.

DemiGoth

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 06:19:00 am »
I'm not exactly sure this has anything to do with tk2d code specifically, it may be a general thing...  I seem to be getting a fair few shutdown (and debugger) hanging in Unity 4.3 in another project which doesn't have tk2d in it at all.
Glad to hear that tk2d isn't the problem then. Back to the Unity forums then :wink: