Hello Guest

Author Topic: "Automatic Fit" Box Collider Issue after 2.3.0/4.3 Upgrade  (Read 5189 times)

habitoti

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Rombos Homepage
"Automatic Fit" Box Collider Issue after 2.3.0/4.3 Upgrade
« on: November 14, 2013, 07:25:55 am »
Hi,

just upgraded Unity to 4.3 and 2D TOOLKIT TO 2.3.0 according to given procedures. Everything went smooth so far and runs in principle again. However I am facing two issues now where I can't see how to resolve them:

• I have several pushbuttons with a normal and pressed state. These are top level UIItem GOs with the two sprite children for pushed and normal state. Pressing "Automatic Fit" in the UIItem component until < 2.3.0 correctly determined the union of the children extents for the parent GO, but now it set's the parent's collider extents to size 0, effectively disabling the button due to no more raycasting hits. As soon as I manually set the parent collider back to the expected size, it works again -- but of course I want to use the auto fit function ;-)
  • I have particle effects that have a larger negative z-component than all other on-screen items. Before 2.0.3/4.3, this assured they were always on top of everything. Now they are below every displayed sprite, but still above a background image. This made me think it's still some z-weirdness, but however I choose z, I can't get it in front. Looking in editor at 3D representation of the scene, the particles are really well on top of everything, so I have no clue why they are now suddenly hidden by all sprites.

Thanks, habitoti
Checkout our homepage or visit the Rombos blog.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "Automatic Fit" Box Collider Issue after 2.3.0/4.3 Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 02:14:31 pm »
Are you using the order in layer / sort order thing in Unity 4.3? That could perhaps be causing some issues with the particle order.

Can you create a simple repro case for the fit issue and email it to support? It seems to work fine in my config, it could be due to how its set up.

habitoti

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Rombos Homepage
Re: "Automatic Fit" Box Collider Issue after 2.3.0/4.3 Upgrade
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 04:01:40 pm »
Have sent you a mail to info@unikronsoftware.com.

Regards, habitoti
Checkout our homepage or visit the Rombos blog.