Hello Guest

Author Topic: Unity 4.3 & 2D Toolkit issues  (Read 7781 times)

Benjam901

• View Profile
Unity 4.3 & 2D Toolkit issues
« on: November 18, 2013, 08:21:47 pm »
Hello,

I am having a few issues with Unity 4.3 and 2D Toolkit, mainly the undo/redo operation is not working in one of your program scripts?

I was wondering if perhaps there is a patch being worked on for it at the moment or that I might have an older version of 2D toolkit and this might be the issue, how do I check which version I have?

Cheers!

Benjam901

• View Profile
Re: Unity 4.3 & 2D Toolkit issues
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 09:09:12 pm »
Just to be a little more concise here is the exact error :)

tk2d Undo/Redo callback failed. Undo/Redo not supported in this version of Unity.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
tk2dEditorUtility:.cctor() (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Editor/tk2dEditorUtility.cs:18)
UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:SetLoadedEditorAssemblies(Assembly[])

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 09:14:33 pm »
You should update to 2D Toolkit 2.3, which fixes the issue. You can check the version you're on by selecting the 2D Toolkit > About menu.

apbilyk

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 09:41:26 pm »
Hi Unikron!  After long delay I just updated Unity to 4.3.4f1 and ran into the same issue posted here.  I know this problem has been fixed in 2DTK 2.3, however I'm nearing the end of a project and still running 2DTK 1.92 Final, and I'd prefer to avoid migrating now if possible.

So, is there a reasonably-simple way for me to fix this in my local copy of 1.92 Final, perhaps just by copy-pasting in what you did for 2.3?

Or, if not, can you confirm that the only problem caused by this error is the loss of Undo/Redo?  If need be, I can live without them for awhile, but not preferable of course.

Thanks for your help!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 09:47:12 pm »
If its just the undo redo message then yes, that doesn't cause any issues apart from undo and redo not working properly. They completely changed how undo works in unity 4.3, so its not possible to create a patch for 1.92. I think there are other Unity 4.x issues which were worked around in the 2.x releases though, so I think you may be missing something.

To make things a bit more complicated, upgrading 2D Toolkit from 1.9x to 2.x will require a few code changes, but it should be otherwise data-compatible.
http://2dtoolkit.com/docs/latest/migration_guide.html

apbilyk

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 09:50:49 pm »
Thanks for the super-quick reply!  I can get by without undo/redo for now, but I'll keep my eyes open for other issues, and if I notice any I suppose I'll bite the bullet and migrate.  Cheers and thanks again!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 09:52:12 pm »
I'm not sure what revision this was fixed in, but Unity changed how serialisation worked in Unity 4.1 (I think) and you weren't able to commit sprite collections properly. Should be fine if the data isn't changing though.
Keep an eye out, even for non-obvious things