Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 2.3.0  (Read 56228 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 2.3.0
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 02:00:19 pm »
Unity 4.3 is sometimes crashing by a memory allocation fatal error. It happens randomly when loading a scene on Play, but it always happens when loading our test scene with the new 2DToolkit 2.3 atlases set to PNG atlas (instead of Unity texture). Could there be some memory leaks?

There could be a memory leak in the editor, though I can almost 100% guarantee it won't at runtime. I'm thinking of a much more aggressive unloader when running in the editor. Will probably be in the next hotfix / version.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 02:01:14 pm »
How should I go about getting the updated 2.3 from having 2.2? It's been a while since I got 2.2, so I don't remember where my invoice is to register on this forum. Is there any way to download 2.3 when I already have 2.2 set up and running? Thanks

The invoice should have been sent to your asset store email address. If you can't find it, you can ask the Unity asset store support to resend it to you.

Alternatively, you can simply log on to the asset store, update the download and download it there.

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 02:08:33 pm »
Unity 4.3 is sometimes crashing by a memory allocation fatal error. It happens randomly when loading a scene on Play, but it always happens when loading our test scene with the new 2DToolkit 2.3 atlases set to PNG atlas (instead of Unity texture). Could there be some memory leaks?

There could be a memory leak in the editor, though I can almost 100% guarantee it won't at runtime. I'm thinking of a much more aggressive unloader when running in the editor. Will probably be in the next hotfix / version.

Perfect then :)
We are an Indie videogame developer located in Teruel, Spain. A small 6-people team which is currently working on the upcoming 'Candle'.

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 10:33:42 am »
Ok, I hate to be this picky, but Unity keeps crashing constantly due to 2DT memory leaks and it's starting to get very annoying (and since it happens at complete random it's making us lose important work sometimes). Do you think it will be fixed soon?
We are an Indie videogame developer located in Teruel, Spain. A small 6-people team which is currently working on the upcoming 'Candle'.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 10:45:59 am »
Soon is relative - I'm kinda fixing up a bunch of things, I'll see if I can fit that in. For now, you could just revert to non-png mode? Or Make it so all of these are destroyed on save or something? If you want a quick patch for that it should be easy enough....

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 10:53:49 am »
For now I'm reverting the PNG atlases to Unity Textures :) I'm sorry to be bothering you with this, I know you are sure super-busy right now.

Bigcheese

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 11:08:16 pm »
I'm having a massive issue, where when I have multiple materials in the atlas, if I assign a certain sprite to a different material and try to commit, all the sprites set the default material. actually just committing will reset all the sprites to the default material.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 11:14:27 pm »
There was an issue with that in 2.3.0. This will be fixed in the next release, or if you need it sooner - we posted a patch here:
http://2dtoolkit.com/forum/index.php/topic,3092.0.html

Bigcheese

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 01:42:18 am »
Alright, thanks a lot, I can't access this section of the website, I put in a request for member access with a new invoice (I know it's not the place to post, but this is kind of an emergency.) Many thanks :)

marclud

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 03:07:24 am »

Hi there,
I've the same issues during building the player. Unity crashes during Texture2D alloc.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2013, 06:20:48 pm »
We'll be adding a fix to the next version which will far more aggressively unload textures.

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 01:07:35 pm »
Perfect!

rtoselli

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2013, 08:50:20 pm »
Hey!

First, thanks for the new release! I really enjoy working with 2D toolkit.
I've just upgraded to 2.3 and ran into some problems, can't open the sprite collection editor in unity 4.3 for mac OSX at all.

I've created a fresh project and the error persists

Invalid editor window tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorPopup
UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu(Object, String[], Int32)

Anyone having that issue?
 :'(

EDIT: Under the layout tab choose the Reset to Factory Settings and the window appeared. Probably some issue with my unity installation.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:17:40 pm by rtoselli »

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 07:39:09 am »
Has the PNG atlas multiple material bug been fixed yet?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 10:30:33 am »
Its been fixed but not released yet, still waiting on another bug fix before I release it. If you drop me an email/ Skype I'll send you a patch.