Hello Guest

Author Topic: some small requests?  (Read 3086 times)

semiessessi

• View Profile
some small requests?
« on: January 03, 2014, 01:17:31 pm »
can we have tile x and y separately in the padding modes?

also it would be nice if it was set to extend by default rather than black zero alpha - on anything that isnt a standalone sprite I have to change it. IMO this is the sensible default, its what I always want unless I'm tiling something when I want to tile in x, y or both when I also don't want black with zero alpha on the edges either...

extend with black + zero alpha might be appropriate for particles sort of maybe... depends on how tight the texture cropping is. i'm pretty sure its a bad default.

maybe some other users strongly requested this or you have some specific reason for this which seems like an odd choice to me at least.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: some small requests?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:52:19 pm »
1. Tile X & Y separately, yes I'll see what can be done for the next update, but no promises - I have a huge pile of things to get through.

2. IMO the default should really be extended + 0 alpha when using normal alpha blending, black zero alpha with premultiplied alpha. i.e. transparent in both cases. Otherwise with extend you get an unwanted extended filtering with normal sprites, eg. a circle with pixel data touching the edge will appear to be filtered a tiny bit outside bounds. I keep meaning to update this, but worry about breaking existing sprites.

The primary concern is always backwards compatibility over anything else, and the fact that there isn't any guaranteed way to perform versioning properly, I really worry about changing a default. I'll have a think about a suitable solution to this.