Hello Guest

Author Topic: Sprite quality drop.  (Read 7210 times)

GamezFactory

• View Profile
Sprite quality drop.
« on: June 02, 2012, 10:25:41 pm »
Hey!

I've been using 2DToolkit for a while, I am quite advanced in my app now (mainly tnx to 2Dtoolkit) but unfortunately I'm having some very nasty issue:

I don't know how to explain this but it seem that ALL my sprites have a 50% drop in quality and to be real the project is quite advanced for me to start-it from scratch...

If you take a look at the attached image you will find that my project( RIGHT image in the attach) is by far much more jigged on the edges than a new one (LEFT side) builded with only the green image in it.

So to recap, I was working on my project (right side) and then builded a new one (left side). Here is why I think this is a 2DToolkit issue:

BOTH projects are using exactly the same settings: a perspective camera positioned at the exact coordinates and settings on both projects, both green sprites are set using the 1:1 button and what 'bothers' me is that both projects are using the exact texture files. But you can clearly see the diferences between images...

And this is a issue with all sprites in my project and it is clearly visible on the device!

Here are some of my settings:

In the settings panel I got camera set at 768 height, compression: uncompressed.

Please, please can you advise me? As I said my project is kind of advanced and this is already the second time is happening.

Maybe I am doing something wrong but I've already tried pretty much everything I can think, including rebuild index, refreshing  / reimporting all my texture files and as I said before I don't get it, why a new projects looks ok (left image) but the one I'm working is so jigged on the edges (right image) ? Again, I use the exact same png as source for my sprites...

Thank you!

O.

MetalGreg

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Sprite quality drop.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 03:55:06 am »
Hello, I know that feel GamezFactory.
Don't flip your table, just find your atlas0 and overide it to 2048 !

GamezFactory

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 11:25:49 am »
Thank you MetalGreg but if you are referring to the 'override for iphone' option on 'atlas0', nope, it does not change a thing... :(
The quality is still the same with jigged edges.

Anybody pls, as this is kind of pressing matter for me ? :)

Thank you!

MetalGreg

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 01:01:28 pm »
Did you check that your sprite position X and Y are integers ?

GamezFactory

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 04:52:39 pm »
Nope, this can't be since I got 2 projects perfectly identical one is working the other is not. Something is wrong I think with the way 2DToolkit is displaying the sprites, again since the atlases are perfectly identical...

Any other ideas anyone?

Tnx a bunch!

thefiend

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 05:22:16 pm »
I had a similar issue recently, and I found the answer about halfway down on this page: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/93287-2D-Toolkit-2D-in-Unity-made-simple-RELEASED/page51

The quality settings for WebPlayer (in Edit -> Project Settings -> Quality) had changed and defaulted to Fastest in my project - which caused Texture Quality settings to change from "Full Res" to "Half Res". In my case, it had nothing to do with 2D Toolkit.

I have no idea why this happened. I've changed it back and my textures appeared normally once again.

I hope this helps to fix the problem!

GamezFactory

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 05:39:59 pm »
WOW! That was it!! I did export the project for web before!
Thank you so much @thefiend !!

If anybody has this problem this is how my Quality panel looks now and everything works fine again!
This was not from 2DToolkit indeed!

Thank you again!

O.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 01:19:52 am »
Apologies, not had a chance to look at that - have been away mostly this weekend and only had mobile access. Thanks @thefiend for posting that link! I will add this "Texture Quality" thing to the FAQs as it comes up quite frequently. Its annoying as there isn't a way to detect it and warn about it from 2D Toolkit.

GamezFactory

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 10:28:49 am »
@unikron: no worries! your support is great, the extension as well! Keep up the good work!

O.