Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 1.75 beta 2  (Read 14964 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2D Toolkit 1.75 beta 2
« on: June 09, 2012, 10:48:13 pm »
Loads of bug fixes, and a few features.

BUGFIX: assembly GetTypes() failing in some cases with other installed assemblies
BUGFIX: Static sprite batcher does normals and tangents
BUGFIX: Lit shaders had tags in incorrect place
BUGFIX: Sped up sprite collection sprite sheet viewer
FEATURE: Display sprite id in sprite collection editor
BUGFIX: Sprite sheet splitter works better, and allows non-existant margins on far end
BUGFIX: Fixed static sprite batcher positioning
BUGFIX: Polygon collider triangles aligned using axis and direction for easy welding in tilemap editor
BUGFIX: Padding warning is displayed in sprite sheet import to make it obvious it should be set one way or another for different scenarios.

ANIMATION: Cleaned up animation editor, and added ability to set number of frames to play a particular sprite.
ANIMATION: Animation events fixed, so missed frames still trigger events.
TILEMAP: TMX import, only imports tilemap data, but works with layers and BIG maps, all automatically partitioned.

phildo77

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 1.75 beta 2
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 02:53:12 pm »
Nice!  Thanks for the update on the animation.

There seem to be a bug on that part though:
-Sometimes, when I switch to "group" mode, I lose a frame to a neighbor like so:
1)  Create new animation
2)  Make sure "group" is not toggled
3)  Select "Once"
4)  I have 15 unique frames, so set "Num Frames" to 15
5)  Set each of the 15 frames shown to each unique frame.
6)  Enable "group" so I can set the frame length required for each frame

The bug is here.  After step 6 above, the first frame in group shows a length hold of 2 frames and has swallowed up my second frame. ie the second frame that I had selected when "group" mode was off is gone and the first frame shows a hold of 2.  The names of the two frames are unique.

Also,

When group is "enabled" I don't see a way to add unique frames.  Increasing the frame count just adds frame to the last sprite.  An add button or additional dropdown in group mode to specify how many unique frames might be useful here? 

As it is now, I have to be in single mode to add all the unique frames, then switch to group to change frame counts.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 12:05:17 am »
Thanks for the bug report. Also a good point regarding adding unique frames, I overlooked that as I was working with an already existing animation, and when creating a new one, I always used the Autofill feature.

I'll look into that and the bug as soon as possible and post an update.

phildo77

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 04:45:34 am »
Rockin'.

Thanks, Unikron, for the superb support on this.

You've got an excellent tool here!

Marble

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 10:17:40 am »
Great!  I was looking forward to you spending some time on the animation editor.  I'm still hoping for one little feature in that department that would save enormous time:

I have a series of sprites rendered out as mysprite0000 through mysprite0060, but in Unity I've only chosen every third sprite for my collection because the animation is smooth enough at my frame rate.  Problem is, I can't use autofill to set up my animation because 2dtk doesn't recognize that mysprite0003 should go after mysprite0000 even though there's nothing in between.  They're even right next to each other in the collection list.  So I've got to choose 20 sprite frames from a pulldown menu one at a time.  It does try one's patience.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 04:46:51 pm »
Nice!  Thanks for the update on the animation.

There seem to be a bug on that part though:
-Sometimes, when I switch to "group" mode, I lose a frame to a neighbor like so:
1)  Create new animation
2)  Make sure "group" is not toggled
3)  Select "Once"
4)  I have 15 unique frames, so set "Num Frames" to 15
5)  Set each of the 15 frames shown to each unique frame.
6)  Enable "group" so I can set the frame length required for each frame

The bug is here.  After step 6 above, the first frame in group shows a length hold of 2 frames and has swallowed up my second frame. ie the second frame that I had selected when "group" mode was off is gone and the first frame shows a hold of 2.  The names of the two frames are unique.

Also,

When group is "enabled" I don't see a way to add unique frames.  Increasing the frame count just adds frame to the last sprite.  An add button or additional dropdown in group mode to specify how many unique frames might be useful here? 

As it is now, I have to be in single mode to add all the unique frames, then switch to group to change frame counts.

I haven't been able to reproduce this bug in my tests. It doesn't use the names, just ids internally. Would it be possible to send a repro-case of this to support@unikronsoftware.com?

I've added a "Add frame" button at the end of the list, so its much easier to add frames now. If frames are grouped, rather than duplicating the last frame, it creates a new one with a different spriteId. The only case this will fail is when your sprite collection has exactly one frame of data, but in that case, you could simply ungroup and switch things around.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 04:51:22 pm »
Great!  I was looking forward to you spending some time on the animation editor.  I'm still hoping for one little feature in that department that would save enormous time:

I have a series of sprites rendered out as mysprite0000 through mysprite0060, but in Unity I've only chosen every third sprite for my collection because the animation is smooth enough at my frame rate.  Problem is, I can't use autofill to set up my animation because 2dtk doesn't recognize that mysprite0003 should go after mysprite0000 even though there's nothing in between.  They're even right next to each other in the collection list.  So I've got to choose 20 sprite frames from a pulldown menu one at a time.  It does try one's patience.

I've made it so it'll ignore up to 10 missing frames. Shouldn't change existing behavior at all, and should solve your problem.

Marble

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 08:56:12 pm »
I've made it so it'll ignore up to 10 missing frames. Shouldn't change existing behavior at all, and should solve your problem.

Thank you so tremendously much.  Even if no one else ever uses this feature, you've just kept this human being from imminent blindness.  I think you can now officially advertise, "2dtk saves lives!"

39thstreet

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 09:33:44 pm »
Having some issues editing animations with this beta update.   Attempting to add another frame to an animation sometimes (it doesn't seem to be consistent) ends up another frame to the last step instead.

E.g. If I have a 4 frame animation, and I wanted to add a fifth frame.  I go to Num Frames and set it to 5.  Instead of adding a new frame, it instead makes the 4th frame 2 frames long.   

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 09:48:59 pm »
That is fixed now. I'll be posting an update soon, tonight if possible.