Hello Guest

Author Topic: Ui demo buttons all have missing Script  (Read 3605 times)

gardown

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Ui demo buttons all have missing Script
« on: February 09, 2014, 02:59:47 pm »
Hi

I am having using TK2d UI bits. I followed the instruction to try to get a button in my scene to the point of adding a basic button  from your demo code. At this point when opening the button in the inspector I find that all the script are missing. At some time I delete your demo directory's but have since re import them. I also find the when I run integrity checker it come up with some many GUID errors I cant see the top or the bottom. So if I delete TK2d and then re-import integrity checker  is find but all item in my scene now have all the TK2D script's missing but the basic button is find. I copied the TK2d directory to a new folder and the imported again and then did a file compare and find the all files are the same but not the meta ones. So now I am stuck that to get your buttons working I will need to either find each script for button or for the whole of my scene. So could you please advise. The version of TK2d is  2.3.3

Thanks

Mike

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ui demo buttons all have missing Script
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 09:48:57 pm »
Well, as you've already found it looks like meta files are broken in your version of tk2d. Did you copy use version control without adding meta files / share via dropbox? That means that the demos won't work properly if you scene does and vice versa. I suggest keeping your project as is (broken) - your stuff will work fine, you'll have difficulty merging new versions of tk2d.
There is no way to fix this apart from manually reassigning the missing scripts to the demos.

gardown

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 01:26:24 pm »
Thank you for your reply But this is realy a problem for me as I will need to keep 2d toolkit upto date. I reimported 2d took kit. but file now that there is missing 2dTK missing in  my code. I have no problem putting the scrip's back. But when I do it does not list any sprite collections of mine. It will be too much work to re do all the collection do you have an idea how I can get pass this please

Mike

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 06:04:55 pm »
You will need to reassign the script on everything. This includes all the sprite collections you may have created in your project, the sprite collection data objects (inside the data folder) and font & font data objects. Once you have done that rebuild the index (2D Toolkit > Rebuild Index) and your sprite collections will appear again.