Hello Guest

Author Topic: Mystical thin black line around sprite  (Read 4198 times)

habitoti

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Rombos Homepage
Mystical thin black line around sprite
« on: February 15, 2014, 08:55:10 am »
Hi,

I have a square sprite with a dark grey underground. It appears correctly in the atlas (Pic 1), but when put on screen as a sprite, it gets an annoying 1px black line around it (Pic 2). No compression has been applied (yet), so any clue how to avoid such artifacts? I already added a 2px padding in the atlas, but that didn't help...

EDIT: happens as soon as I use an RGB texture w/o alpha for the texture, even if I use the full 24 bits. The line disappears as soon as I add an alpha layer (however I don't want this specific texture to need alpha, since I want to compress it ultimately with a non-alpha compression...)

EDIT 2: I am using dicing now for these sprites, and the artifacts are gone, even w/o alpha channel (and ETC compression works great on that now!). Only when using the sprite in a whole they show up. So no prob any longer for me, I just have it diced and am happy...but maybe you can anyhow explain that effect (for future generations ;-)

Thanks, habitoti
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 02:47:04 pm by habitoti »
Checkout our homepage or visit the Rombos blog.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mystical thin black line around sprite
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 06:03:20 pm »
I have absolutely no idea where there is a line, it is probably due to what Unity is exporting as the alpha value. Can you get me some repro steps and a texture that breaks?

habitoti

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Rombos Homepage
Re: Mystical thin black line around sprite
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 06:44:38 pm »
Can you get me some repro steps and a texture that breaks?

Sent via mail...
Checkout our homepage or visit the Rombos blog.