Hello Guest

Author Topic: List of images in a collection  (Read 3497 times)

mitralone

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
List of images in a collection
« on: March 07, 2014, 05:00:35 am »
Hello there,

I am trying to recreate a scene in a new project and I need to move my sprite collection. Is it possible to get a list of images and their locations on disk for a sprite collection. I have many images with different folders and would hate to find and copy all images in a collection manually.

Also, I found something interesting. When I check the prefab generated for my sprite collection, I see that for every sprite I have previously deleted, there is an empty entry in the prefab. Is this OK? Can I have sprite editor remove these somehow? I do not know if it has any impact on performance etc. Also, I do not want to remove unused ones by hand.

Thanks

Mitralone
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:35:31 am by mitralone »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: List of images in a collection
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 09:35:42 am »
You can move th sprite collection by selecting it & the data folder, then export unitypacakge. It should automatically copy all the source images with them.
Don't worry about the empty slots, they're empty for performance reasons (we use an index to identify sprites).

mitralone

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: List of images in a collection
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 07:16:59 am »
Worked like a charm. I had to manually select dependencies and export though because unity tries to export everything as a dependency.

Thanks

Mitralone