Hello Guest

Author Topic: Why do I struggle with UI components?  (Read 3346 times)

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Why do I struggle with UI components?
« on: March 18, 2014, 03:27:10 pm »
So I've been using 2DToolkit since pretty much it's inception and I love it to death - but for some darn reason I can never get any of the UI components to work on my first try (except for a plain ol' button). Even if I simply drag one of the prefabs from the demo scenes into my project - they don't work. I eventually get them to work, but I can't even explain how - it just happens after fiddling forever. Is there some glaring step I am missing from getting these to work? I never get errors or warnings, the components just do nothing when I try to interact with them. Examples include ScrollAreas and TextInputs.

I never have struggles with any of the other aspects of 2DTK, no issues with tilemaps, fonts, sprites - just UI components. Please if anyone can chime in on if there is something I am missing, would appreciate it. Thanks.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Why do I struggle with UI components?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 04:23:56 pm »
I'm interested in understanding this as well :) Next time something isn't working, email me the scene and I'll work out why it isn't working - maybe theres some really common thing that is affecting your workflow.