Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 1.75 beta 4  (Read 12243 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2D Toolkit 1.75 beta 4
« on: June 18, 2012, 01:53:37 am »
Hopefully the final beta. More bugfixes and usability improvements.

- Group animations now defaults to off
- AddComponent bugfix, wasn't working when spriteId was 0
- Reset max allowed missing in "AutoFill"
- Process animation events AFTER setting frame - this fixes the case where the anim is stopped in the event
- Display selected tile name in tilemap editor (only when one tile is selected)
- Index wasn't getting reset properly
- Minor animation editor usability improvements

drGsus

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 1.75 beta 4
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 09:11:12 pm »
I downloaded this version today, and I noticed a problem:

when I go into the sprite collection and assign a polygon collider, adding new points seems completely random and sometimes doesnt work at all. Either double clicking on the line, the points or exactly at the position of a normal, an extra point doesnt appear, or only after lots of tries.
Any suggestions what to do, or would you consider this a bug?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 09:47:50 pm »
Yes, I see that. Strange, that code hasn't been changed in a while now (apart from offsetting in slightly). I'll sort it out.

Edit: Fixed it. Turns out the offset wasn't taken into consideration when checking for double clicks.

tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorTextureView.cs
Line 149 or so, replace it with this.

Code: [Select]
if (insertPoint)
{
Vector2 localMousePosition = (Event.current.mousePosition - origin) / editorDisplayScale;
Vector2 closestPointToCursor = ClosestPointOnLine(localMousePosition, ov, v);
float lengthSq = (closestPointToCursor - localMousePosition).sqrMagnitude;
if (lengthSq < closestDistanceSq)
{
closestDistanceSq = lengthSq;
closestPoint = closestPointToCursor;
closestPreviousPoint = i;
}
}

Should fix it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:11:31 pm by unikron »

fattie

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 03:57:13 pm »
1. loving beta 4

2. Trivial -- I don't seem to be getting "email alerts about new betas" .. something I should do?

3. You know your amazing "Setup for Javascript" system.  You know what would be a little handy: "Strip documentation and demos"  I hate that Unity packages come with the demos all mixed in.  I realise it's easy to simply select not to import them, but still.  It would be great if TK did a check and said "your installation is production ready!"  :)

4. Is it worth considering an Uninstall script ?  Why I asked:  I moved a prefab from an old project to my current project.  Somehow, it horked up tk2d.  I had to carefully remove every tk2d script/asset - and then installed this new beta.  Just something to consider.  Alternately perhaps some sort of checker function that makes sure you have everything, no dupe or old versions perphaps.  Just to consider.

Cheers on B4 !!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 04:07:34 pm »
1. Glad you like it

2. I don't have a mailing list for new betas, but, you can subscribe to the releases board (i.e. click on Notify while browsing the releases board) and that should notify you every time there is a new release there. Perhaps I should add that as a sticky...

3. I hate having the demos in there too. Your suggestion is a good one. I'll add it in. Initially (up to v1.1, I believe) we used to distribute the demo as a unitypackage contained within the project as to not pollute your namespace, but I was asked by the Unity guys to expand the unitypackage and distribute it together :(

4. I'll consider the uninstall script as well.

I'm just gonna add one or two more fixes and hopefully release 1.75 final this weekend.

p.s. Did you forget to send the repro case for that problem you were having?

AdamOwen

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 04:41:56 pm »
Hey, first post here. Love 2DToolkit!

I noticed in 1.7 beta 1 a bugfix was mentioned that undo is now registered when creating all objects. I've tried 1.7 final and I'm now running beta 4 and there seems to be no ability to undo parameter changes on sprite objects.

While not a killer it was a bit confusing seeing Unity undo other operations but not reverting sprites back to their previous images and still catches me out sometimes.

Are there plans for a fix for this?

Cheers!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 06:08:59 pm »
Undo will be in a later version. Its not that straightforward dealing with changing meshes efficiently, unless I'm going about it the wrong way... The tilemap editor has undo support, and that works by maintaining a cache of the build version and comparing with the id in the inspector.

AdamOwen

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 06:17:13 pm »
That's cool, thanks for the quick reply!