Hello Guest

Author Topic: Broken TextMesh  (Read 4597 times)

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Broken TextMesh
« on: April 28, 2014, 08:20:49 pm »
I moved my project from SVN to another location and now all of my TextMesh's are broken apparently. They don't show up at all and I get this error for every mesh:

Code: [Select]
MissingReferenceException: The variable material of 'tk2dFontData' doesn't exist anymore.
You probably need to reassign the material variable of the 'tk2dFontData' script in the inspector.
UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original)
tk2dFontData.Init () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Code/Fonts/tk2dFontData.cs:156)
tk2dFontData.get_inst () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Code/Fonts/tk2dFontData.cs:130)
tk2dTextMesh.Awake () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Code/Fonts/tk2dTextMesh.cs:394)

Any ideas? Thanks much.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Broken TextMesh
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 11:06:51 am »
Hi,
Did you move transfer the meta files properly? It sounds like metadata is broken. Does everything else still work?

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 03:01:58 pm »
As far as I can tell, yea the metadata files were transferred ok. Everything else is working fine, nothing is wrong with the sprite collections themselves or anything. Just the tk2dTextMesh's are broken in the inspector (I'm missing half of the options).

To clarify, I did an SVN export to a different location. Not sure if this was the problem.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 11:00:43 pm »
Not sure - its hard if not impossible to tell whats gone wrong. This does sound very weird, I've never seen this happen before - from the code it looks like that variable has simply vanished from the serialzed data. If you're using text serialization it might be possible to work out what has gone wrong from the file...