Hello Guest

Author Topic: Can't open SpriteCollection editor  (Read 6083 times)

Artifact

• View Profile
Can't open SpriteCollection editor
« on: June 13, 2013, 09:44:54 am »
When I select a sprite collection prefab and click the "Open Editor" button nothing happens. The editor simply won't open.
I tried to create a new Unity project and reimport everything but that didn't solve the problem.

Note: I have no problems opening the SpriteAnimation editor & I'm using version 2.0.

How do I solve this problem?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't open SpriteCollection editor
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 10:03:27 am »
If doesn't work after importing into an empty project it is likely that the window is moved/created on another monitor or some other craziness like that. Try resetting layout - "Click on layout pulldown at top right, Revert Factory settings" and try again?

If it still doesn't work, are you getting any errors on console? Try redownloading the package from either unity or this forum.

Artifact

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 10:28:07 am »
I'm not getting any errors in the console.

The window doesn't open on any other monitors.

I tried to reset the layout and that didn't help either..

I redownloaded the package and that didn't fix the problem either.

I think I'm going to reinstall unity to see if it has any effect.

EDIT: Reinstalling didn't help, I have no idea why it won't show up.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:02:36 pm by Artifact »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 12:10:31 pm »
Is this with a new sprite collection, or does it not work with the demo ones as well?
This definitely does work - there must be something specific wrong on your setup. Next thing to do will be to try adding some code to try and work out what exactly is going on. Email support at unikronsoftware dot com, please.

Artifact

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 12:27:06 pm »
The problem is solved.

I had more screens conneced to to my computer but the "Sprite Collection editor" wasn't showing up on any of my desktops, not even after a Factory reset. The "Sprite animation editor" popped back to my main screen after each reset even if I moved it outside my screen bounds.

Not untill I stopped extending my desktop to the other screens and did a factory rest with only 1 desktop I got the "Sprite Collection editor" back.

Thanks for the quick response and the factory reset solution :)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 12:28:27 pm »
Glad its sorted :)

kenli

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 10:56:44 am »
If doesn't work after importing into an empty project it is likely that the window is moved/created on another monitor or some other craziness like that. Try resetting layout - "Click on layout pulldown at top right, Revert Factory settings" and try again?

If it still doesn't work, are you getting any errors on console? Try redownloading the package from either unity or this forum.

Thank you for suggestion, it solved now! :)