Hello Guest

Author Topic: Selecting an animation  (Read 3747 times)

richicon

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Selecting an animation
« on: July 05, 2014, 05:42:45 pm »
Hi, we have rather a lot of animations.
The only way I can find to select an animation 'Anim Lib' in a tk2dfAnimator is to use the drop down and wait ages for it to scroll through all our animations.
Is there another way to do this, I dried dragging an animation over the drop down box, but it was having none of it.
ta

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Selecting an animation
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 04:12:04 pm »
Hmm... Never had so many animations in a scene that it became a problem. I've put something in to support drag and drop in 2.5, but in the mean time, try this patch which groups animations by the first 2 chars. If all your animation names are unique this ain't gonna help at all, so let me know and I'll post another patch that groups every 10 animations together.

richicon

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 02:20:35 pm »
thanks, with a small modification that helped a lot.
Animations per scene is not the problem, its that each scene has its own version of graphics and therefore animation.
we have about 13 scenes and probably about 30-40 anims per scene (as well as multiple clips per anim, but that's not an issue).

the modification I made was that our anims are named
Anim_SceneName_AnimName.

so I just split the name on '_' and grouped on the 1st 2 substrings.

I have now written some code so that if the only difference between animations is the sprite collection they come from (different graphics but same file names) then I can remap the animation on level load which will help a bit.

Another issue though, is that if an animation is created by duplicating and modifying an existing one it doesn't get added to tk2d's animation list.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 09:46:22 pm »
If you duplicate, you should run 2D Toolkit > Rebuild Index to rebuild the global animations index.