Hello Guest

Author Topic: Importing tilemap from Tiled results in an offset of selected tiles.  (Read 3560 times)

Jellybit

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
So I went through the tutorial, and had some trouble due to using 16 pixel tiles instead of the default 32 pixel tiles, but I got it all working. At the end of the tutorial, it mentioned having Tiled support. I made a test tilemap in Tiled and it looked decent:

But when I imported it, it was using the tile to the left of the tile that's supposed to be used:

I checked to make sure there was no offset in the imported tilesets on both Tiled and Unity, and both had the full set:

Is this a common problem? What can I do to solve this issue? Thanks.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Importing tilemap from Tiled results in an offset of selected tiles.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 10:45:59 am »
Are there any other sprites in the collection? Did you delete some sprites, etc? To sync with tiled, you should have just that one sprite sheet imported with nothing deleted from it, and that must be the first sprite in the collection.

Jellybit

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Importing tilemap from Tiled results in an offset of selected tiles.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 01:19:36 pm »
Bingo, that was it! I totally forgot that when I first imported the tilesheet, it slapped the ENTIRE tilesheet int here as the first tile, messing up all the spacing in the palette. So I deleted that tile. That's when the problem came in. Thank you.