Hello Guest

Author Topic: Mobile Resolutions and Screen Sizes?  (Read 25055 times)

blazingriver

• View Profile
Re: Mobile Resolutions and Screen Sizes?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 12:15:37 pm »
How would you accomplish this? Would you create a background layer, which the backgrounds are assigned to, and on the original tk2d camera with the override would you deselect the background layer on the culling mask option and then create a new tk2d camera without an override with only the background layer selected on the culling mask option?

Also, what exactly does the pixels per meter option mean and do? My option is set by default to 100, is this something that I would ever really need to change? And if so when would I need to change it?

Thanks

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 05:55:13 pm »
Yes, thats how you'd assign 2 cameras.

pixels per meter is some way to tell the system how big your sprites are going to be. You dont need to change it unless you need to for some specific reason, eg. if you need your sprites to be a particular size in 3d space to fit in with other models.

blazingriver

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2014, 09:57:03 pm »
I tried this and the single colour background from the original tk2d camera is displayed and the custom backgrounds aren't. I have set it up the same way which I posted earlier, with the layer (next to the tag option in the inspector) of the background prefabs set to the background layer and with the 2nd tk2d camera having only the background layer selected in the culling mask and with the initial camera with the background layer deselected. Yet, the background fails to show and the white background from the initial camera is displayed instead. I have tried the inverse (background culling mask only selected on initial camera, background mask deselected on 2nd camera), this time the sprites didn't appear. What have I done wrong? Have I set up the 2nd camera in the wrong way?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 05:34:02 pm »
Screenshots, please? I'm not 100% sure what you've ticked and what you havent

blazingriver

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 08:12:08 pm »
Hi, the screenshots are of the two camera setups and the result. Hopefully they will be sufficient in determining the problem in my setup. I got an error when i tried to upload the attachments. You can find them here instead.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:13:54 pm by blazingriver »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2014, 08:14:14 pm »
Both your cameras are clearing the background, and draw order isn't defined.
Set depth to 0 for the bg camera, 1 for the fg camera.
Set Clear flags on the foreground camera to none so it doesn't clear what that bg camera draws.