Hello Guest

Author Topic: TileMap Tiles Strange lines appearing  (Read 5298 times)

RCBricker

• 2D Toolkit
  • Would you realy hit litt'l ol Giddeon?
    • View Profile
TileMap Tiles Strange lines appearing
« on: August 05, 2014, 08:45:43 pm »
Hi, I've been having some trouble working between 2 machines (since it may be related, my machine runs on Nvidia and my collaborators machine runs on AMD), while working on my pc everything looks fine but when I import the project to the other machine the tiles of the tilemap and some sprites have some weird lines in ther box bordes (not the sprite itself but the square space that holds the sprite), like the sprite has on its borders a portion of another sprite.

The sprites look good in the sprite collection editor on both machines, same in animator collection for the player, this just happens during runtime.

Sorry for the bad english, if more info is required please tell me.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:48:58 pm by RCBricker »
Hoghs Bossoms and an atom were talking, the bossom mocked the atom because he could not be everywhere and anywhere at once, the atom though about splitting.....BOOM.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TileMap Tiles Strange lines appearing
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 10:31:12 pm »
Is antialiasing on on either machines?

RCBricker

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 12:04:21 am »
On the AMD pc that had the problem it was off, went into the AMD Control Panel turned it on and it's working dandy now, does this mean that the graphic setting of my game (considering its an 16-bit game I decided to use a single graphics level) must have anti aliasing on?
Hoghs Bossoms and an atom were talking, the bossom mocked the atom because he could not be everywhere and anywhere at once, the atom though about splitting.....BOOM.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 09:34:16 pm »
Nope it means we need to figure out whats different.

Are you using point filtering or bilinear on the sprite collection? Are both of em running on DX11 mode and exactly the same quality settings?

RCBricker

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 10:57:56 pm »
Sorry I took long in anwering, The settings are the same, both are running on the same DX11 and since ins a 16bit game i'm using point filter for all the spritecolletions.
 Even with the anti-aliasin gon the second pc on at all timer the lines are back again.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 11:00:25 pm »
Hmm thats weird. Try adding some padding (1-2px) on the sprite colection, it may help.

RCBricker

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 12:38:49 am »
That seemed to fix it, If stays like this I'll be one happy guy, Thanks a lot Unikron.