Hello Guest

Author Topic: How do you move the entire tilemap?  (Read 3446 times)

LaserDinosaur

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
How do you move the entire tilemap?
« on: August 29, 2014, 03:16:57 pm »
I'm building out my level using a tilemap but realized that I needed to change the boundary size (I'm not sure what the exact term is, but the boundary size you can place tiles in which appears as a white square in the editor). I went into the tilemap properties and changed "Dimensions" to the recommended maximum of 1024, just so I don't have to worry about it again. However the layout size doesn't resize from the middle, it resizes from the top and the right. Now my level is stuck in the bottom left corner.

Is there a way to move the entire tilemap inside the layout boundaries? I tried moving the tilemap layers in the hierarchy but once I started the game it popped back to its old location. I also tried using the 'cut' command, but since I have several layers it quickly becomes messy trying to cut+paste them back into the correct locations (unless there is a way to cut all layers at once).

Is there any way to move the whole tilemap inside the layout boundaries?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How do you move the entire tilemap?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 03:36:12 pm »
Cut and paste is the only way to do this. You could modify the script to cut and paste all layers at the same time - that could potentially work. Or, simply write a script to move everything in code directly. That will definitely work too.

LaserDinosaur

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: How do you move the entire tilemap?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 04:37:29 pm »
Dang, well, no worries I'll have a look at the script and see what I can find.

Maybe as a future feature request we could move the tilemap boundaries?  ;D