Hello Guest

Author Topic: How to Bright/Contrast/Saturate sprites  (Read 7812 times)

drkucho

• 2D Toolkit
  • Retro Arcade Freak
    • View Profile
    • Dr. Kucho!
How to Bright/Contrast/Saturate sprites
« on: October 03, 2014, 09:26:04 am »
Hello

Im looking for a way to change bright/color/saturate values on my sprites inside unity, i really don't understand much about shaders, just the basic theory but don't know how to program them , i think editing these parameters should be something very common needed so there must be a solution already done... i would say ...

is there a way do to this? or any tutorial about how to program your shaders?

thanks in advance

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to Bright/Contrast/Saturate sprites
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 10:08:18 am »
You'll be better off checking the unity forums for this... tk2d works with almost any shader you throw at it, so if you find one that does what you need it should just be a drop in replacement.

drkucho

• 2D Toolkit
  • Retro Arcade Freak
    • View Profile
    • Dr. Kucho!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 12:04:58 am »
OMG i just found the big amount of shaders on the asset store. that's wonderful , i probably will look and get one of those, i don't really want to get dirty learning shaders coding for now.

just one more question, is there any difference between the sprite/Default and Diffuse shaders of unity and your BlendVertexColor , i know that Sprites/Difusse shader gets affected by light but not Sprites/Default , and seems that BlendVertexColor is also not affected by light .... ?

sorry to ask probably dummy questions but i come from 16 bit era coding, I had no idea about all these 3D things such as shaders, textures, lighting  other than what i am learning since i jumped into unity + tk2d2

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 09:15:13 pm »
Only those shaders with "Lit" in the name are lit. Most 2d games dont use lighting, and lit shaders are considerably more expensive. Regarding the unity shaders, youre best of reading the docs - most of them are documented in the manual.

drkucho

• 2D Toolkit
  • Retro Arcade Freak
    • View Profile
    • Dr. Kucho!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 11:56:33 pm »
lit for light ,  damn , i should have seen that , thanks.