Hello Guest

Author Topic: Do we have control on the chunks saved by the tilemap editor ?  (Read 3982 times)

NoradZero

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Do we have control on the chunks saved by the tilemap editor ?
« on: October 11, 2014, 01:52:15 am »
Hi,

Do we have control on the chunks saved by the tilemap editor ? such increasing their size or reducing their size ?

Thanks!

NoradZero

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have control on the chunks saved by the tilemap editor ?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 02:52:13 am »
Found it. Its Partition size. What nice with this is that it litterally can fix the lightning limit issue.  Because mesh are smaller and since the limit is 6 light per vertex shader per mesh. It make use of more lights per meters.  Offcourse, i don't recommand this for very large tilemap size. This could increase the draw calls severly. But for small scenes like in my project this was the fix.

fallingbrickwork

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Montague's Mount
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 09:37:24 am »
Sorry to jump into this thread but it is related...

I'm just wondering, under normal circumstances I.e not needing to change the partition size to combat lighting issues like you mentioned,  is there an optimal partition size  for  a tilemap size?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 02:23:10 pm »
Leave it at default sizes unless it becomes a problem. 32x32 was picked for a reason, when fully populated it is 2k triangles which was quite a decently large number considering it could be only partially visible. Eg. if you have 4 chunks partially visible you'll have 8k tris drawing. If you have 9, its 18k.