Hello Guest

Author Topic: Pre Rendered Lights on a Tiled Sprite  (Read 3739 times)

RCBricker

• 2D Toolkit
  • Would you realy hit litt'l ol Giddeon?
    • View Profile
Pre Rendered Lights on a Tiled Sprite
« on: October 11, 2014, 09:28:28 pm »
Hello Unikron and fellow forum folk, I have been trying to bake lights (just the light no shadows required) from a point light to a tiled sprite to reduce  memory usage in my game, I have seen several tuts on lightmapping, basically I check the object as static, place all the lights I want to bake, select baking options and bake, from what I´ve seen the only component required to do this is that the objects to bake have mesh renderers,  and my tiled sprite does, but when I set the lights, set the tiled sprite as static and bake the tiled sprite goes black and if I disable the lights there is no pre  light on the tiled sprite, my sprite collection generate normals, my sprite collections material is the tk2dlitvertexcolor and the recive lights, what am I missing here?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 09:30:44 pm by RCBricker »
Hoghs Bossoms and an atom were talking, the bossom mocked the atom because he could not be everywhere and anywhere at once, the atom though about splitting.....BOOM.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Pre Rendered Lights on a Tiled Sprite
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 03:35:48 pm »
You can't bake lightmaps on tilemaps or sprites - these are classed as dynamic geometry. Secondly they dont have a 2nd uv channel that lightmapping requires so it won't really work. Have you tried painting in vcolors to simulate light? That could work I guess. Alternatively if you need more detail you can use a custom shader which uses scaled world unit as uv2, you will then be able to paint in lighting from within photoshop...

RCBricker

• 2D Toolkit
  • Would you realy hit litt'l ol Giddeon?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 05:00:36 pm »
I see then, is it posible to paint on some sprites al tiled sprites as I paint on a TileMap?
Hoghs Bossoms and an atom were talking, the bossom mocked the atom because he could not be everywhere and anywhere at once, the atom though about splitting.....BOOM.

MoopadPicKang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 11:13:57 am »

nice touch there. Looks really good.