Hello Guest

Author Topic: portrait mode looks tiny  (Read 3135 times)

jonnyhilly

• View Profile
portrait mode looks tiny
« on: October 26, 2014, 02:48:40 am »
Hi,
  I have a problem with portrait mode on device.
My game works both in portrait and landscape mode, swappable at any tim by the user.
I am using tk2d camera, everything looks great in unity simulating various devices.

Evenrything looks great on iPhone5 and iTouch 4, both portrait and landscape.
on iPad3 2048 res. landscape looks fine, but portrait...all my menus look tiny.
for example my main logo is about half the landscape (ipad3) screen width.
If I rotate to portrait, it looks 1/4 or less (like the size of everything suddenly halved)   
Why does it only do this on iPad3 ?
ortho size is set to 1024
native resolution to 1024 width   768 height

I've tried various overrides for 2048x1536  or 1536x2048   but can't find a fix.
How can I leave everything else working as is... and stop iPad from shrinking everything when in portrait mode please ?
Stretch to fit, seems like the logical choice (I assume it would stretch the 1024 ortho view into a 2048 X2 scaled view to fit perfectly) but it doesn't seem to stretch anything.... looks the same.

Also the overrides could use more explanation in the docs, it doesn't explain how each mode works. (are they device res, or current orientation res ?)

Please help
Thanks
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:50:48 am by jonnyhilly »

jonnyhilly

• View Profile
Re: portrait mode looks tiny
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 03:06:18 am »
ooh I got it...
"Fit to height" is what I needed.  for the  iPad Retina overlay.
I don't have iPhone6 yet, so no idea how that is going to look, or if I need to setup an override for it...

I'm guessing it will look like it does on iPhone 5 except all the icons will be smaller ?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: portrait mode looks tiny
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 09:23:01 pm »
You can simply enter a custom resolution to find out what it'll look like :) If it doesn't suit, you can add a custom override for that resolution too.