Hello Guest

Author Topic: Isometric Hack and Slash Map?  (Read 4358 times)

Majicpanda

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Isometric Hack and Slash Map?
« on: November 22, 2014, 03:55:37 pm »
I'm having a real hard time finding any info about a diamond isometric tile map for a Diablo 2 style game. Can tk2d do this in any way and if so is there any info that can help get started?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Isometric Hack and Slash Map?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 09:22:08 pm »
You can have isometric ground tiles, but tk2d doesn't support overlapping tiles - these will need very specific sorting order with other sprites in your scene.

In tilemap settings > tile properties, set tile type to isometric.

grofit

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 10:09:37 pm »
I am prototyping something similar and even if I hack the sizes of the tiles to make it line them up you can still see tear marks and the lighting shaders dont work as expected, I can understand why as it doesnt have the notion of the sides being hidden.

http://gyazo.com/728baad653ab82db4af30807bf06c1fd

I understand that this is one of the niche use cases and it does mention this is in beta, but is there any news on the work done in this area?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 02:10:55 pm »
I'm not sure why its drawing the additional bits and why the lighting is visible through that.... aren't your green bits solid?

No, there hasn't been any more work done on the isometric part of the tilemap system, anything more complex will have to be implemented differently to get sorting working properly with sprites, etc.