Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 1.76 beta 1  (Read 24556 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 1.76 beta 1
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 09:13:13 pm »
I would be more than happy to help out with the beta testing on this version. Let me know what you need.

Hi I've approved the product registration. Thanks for helping test the beta!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 09:59:16 pm »

Thanks for that I'll look into both ASAP. The is playing one is a bit more tricky, as the core system is different now. What issue are you seeing? Is it reporting playing while something isn't playing or the opposite?

The second one should be straightforward to fix.
I'll spend some time trying to figure out what is going on in debug.  Due to how I am using it I can't tell you off the top without investigation.  It LOOKS like it is reporting false when it should be true.  Like I said though... I need to verify! :)

Okay... I think I've narrowed down the problem.  It looks like .clipId is reporting incorrectly.  I'm asking for .clipId and I get zero when I should be getting 2.  I've confirmed that the object's .currentClip.name is the name for .clipId = 2 not 0 when this happens.  Does this make sense?  This one's a show stopper for me.

Found the bug. If you update to beta2, all you need to do to fix it is add this line in tk2dAnimatedSprite.cs, line 301 -
Code: [Select]
public void Play(int clipId, float clipStartTime)
{
this.clipId = clipId; // add this line
Play(anim.clips[clipId], clipStartTime);
}

I'm transitioning over to a animationClip based system - it works like that internally now. I must've just missed that line there in the backwards compatible Play function.

Another thing which has changed is - if you call Stop(), the clipId previously would have been wiped, and the currentClip would read as null. There is now a state variable which handles this, so reading currentClip would still read as non-null. Its a subtle difference, but could affect you if you were relying on something like that. If you used isPlaying() to check if a clip is playing, then this wouldn't affect you at all.

Let me know if this works OK for you - if it does, I'll go ahead and release this as 1.76 final. This was the last issue I was waiting on.

phildo77

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 03:33:48 pm »

Found the bug. If you update to beta2, all you need to do to fix it is add this line in tk2dAnimatedSprite.cs, line 301 -
Code: [Select]
public void Play(int clipId, float clipStartTime)
{
this.clipId = clipId; // add this line
Play(anim.clips[clipId], clipStartTime);
}

I'm transitioning over to a animationClip based system - it works like that internally now. I must've just missed that line there in the backwards compatible Play function.

Another thing which has changed is - if you call Stop(), the clipId previously would have been wiped, and the currentClip would read as null. There is now a state variable which handles this, so reading currentClip would still read as non-null. Its a subtle difference, but could affect you if you were relying on something like that. If you used isPlaying() to check if a clip is playing, then this wouldn't affect you at all.

Let me know if this works OK for you - if it does, I'll go ahead and release this as 1.76 final. This was the last issue I was waiting on.

Worked!  I'm back up.  Thanks!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 04:22:18 pm »
Thanks for letting me know. I'll get 1.76 final released soon!

mike2d

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 07:50:53 am »
i've just import 1.76 final and i've got an "isPlaying() is obsolete" warning.

ok, replaced with Playing and no more warnings. i'll dive into the doc next time ;)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 07:59:10 am by mike2d »