Hello Guest

Author Topic: Removing a platform for standalone desktop builds  (Read 3693 times)

habitoti

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Rombos Homepage
Removing a platform for standalone desktop builds
« on: January 17, 2015, 07:36:29 pm »
Hi,

I have made a lot of efforts to arrange my textures in 2x and 4x atlases (lots!) for the mobile targets. Now I am doing a standalone build for desktops (PC/MAC/LINUX) and would actually just need the 4x since there are no issues for a PC in dealing with the larger textures. To reduce the app size I want to only deploy the 4x platform atlasses, but for obvious reasons I can't delete the 2x atlasses from the project.  Is there any easy way to "switch them off" for just this output channel? Since they are not within a resource folder, I suppose tk2d decides to take them and put them into the build, so mabye there is an easy way to have it suppress this for desktop builds.

Thanks, habitoti
Checkout our homepage or visit the Rombos blog.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Removing a platform for standalone desktop builds
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 10:50:59 pm »
Not officially supported, but the file that adds stuff into the build is in Resources/tk2d/tk2d_*.asset
If before your build you run through those, then move the file in and out of the Resources folder, you can control what gets included in the build.

habitoti

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Rombos Homepage
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 07:08:54 pm »
There is also a tk2dSystem file in there that seems to also list all these references...does this also need to be cleaned up?
Checkout our homepage or visit the Rombos blog.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 08:22:09 pm »
No that just stores text, no direct references to anything.