Hello Guest

Author Topic: How to force screen size  (Read 3539 times)

Kurius

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
How to force screen size
« on: March 25, 2015, 03:42:57 pm »
Hi,
I'm collaborating with a vendor who wants to put my game on their device, but they want to display their own custom vertical menu bar to the right of my game, on the right side of the screen.  Their menu bar uses their own custom code (it does not use Unity).  The vendor's device has a resolution of 1024x600.  They're asking me to force my game to fit a resolution of 976x600, so that their menu bar can appear next to my game in the region of 976 to 1024.  I've tried messing with the tk2dcamera Normalized View Port Rect settings, but the vendor's menu bar isn't showing up for some reason.  Yet the vendor's menu bar shows up next to other people's games who have not used Unity to make their games.
Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Thanks

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to force screen size
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 06:04:00 pm »
If their menu bar doesn't use unity, I don't know how it will / can draw on top of the Unity viewport. Unity always takes over the full screen and normal content can't go on top of it AFAIK. There are specific workarounds for different devices to draw stuff on top, setting the normalized viewport isn't going to make something rendered outside Unity show through.