Hello Guest

Author Topic: LitBlendVertexColor stopped working once upgraded to 2.5.1  (Read 4557 times)

NoradZero

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
LitBlendVertexColor stopped working once upgraded to 2.5.1
« on: April 06, 2015, 03:33:50 am »
Hi,

That wierd.. i was running on Unity 5.0.1 everything was fine until i update to 2.5.1 (i wanted to get the updated shaders) then all light effects disappeared. Any ideas ? I was using LitBlendVertexColor shader..

See attachements for screenshots...

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 04:08:54 am by NoradZero »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: LitBlendVertexColor stopped working once upgraded to 2.5.1
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 01:21:00 pm »
No idea,
Both lit blend & lit premul work fine for me in a new project (2.5.1 & unity 5.0.0p3). Is lighting turned off somewhere / set to vertex?

Try it in a new project - I'd expect it to work, and then work your way back from there, thats the only thing I can think off..

NoradZero

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 02:36:59 pm »
No idea,
Both lit blend & lit premul work fine for me in a new project (2.5.1 & unity 5.0.0p3). Is lighting turned off somewhere / set to vertex?

Try it in a new project - I'd expect it to work, and then work your way back from there, thats the only thing I can think off..

But other shaders work excepts the ones packed in 2d toolkit. Is there anything im doing wrong ? I exported all my project assets then imported them in a new project and i get the same problem.

EDIT:

Seem like to do with scenes imported from Unity 4 or something i dunno. But if i create a new scene in Unity 5 and add a new tilemap based on existing data and tileset the shader work only for this scene once i paint tiles. But i also get tons of errors (total of 462).. The same error..

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
tk2dTileMapSceneGUI.DrawOutline () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2dTileMap/Editor/tk2dTileMapSceneGUI.cs:253)
tk2dTileMapSceneGUI.OnSceneGUI () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2dTileMap/Editor/tk2dTileMapSceneGUI.cs:440)
tk2dTileMapEditor.OnSceneGUI () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2dTileMap/Editor/tk2dTileMapEditor.cs:1233)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1971)
UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1337)
UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1175)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

NoradZero

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 02:43:23 pm »
Ok i found the problem! Needle in a sack of whey as always haha

It was the camera... Rendering Path must be set to Use Player Settings. It was set to Vertex Lit (probably something that had to be done before i dunno)