Hello Guest

Author Topic: Tilemap positioning  (Read 4384 times)

mygamingproject

• View Profile
Tilemap positioning
« on: April 26, 2015, 08:11:42 pm »
I had a couple of tilemaps positioned and working fine in a released ios game but something odd has happened which I dont know is coincidence to a Unity 5 / Xcode 6.3 upgrade.

Its now the case that the Unity Editor shows everything fine but when viewed on device the tilemap will appear in the bottom right with only the top left 20% showing.  The rest of the screen shows a pink (non asset) area.

Any ideas as this has been baffled as I have not changed anything to my knowledge.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tilemap positioning
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 03:41:16 pm »
Is it the tilemap that has changed or the camera? Its probably worth trying a normal Unity ortho camera at 0, 0, to see if the tilemap has changed position - if it has, we'll need to find out whats doing it.

mygamingproject

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 03:58:45 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

Not sure I'm following as it works fine in the editor. Wouldn't that be effectedthe same as on device?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 04:29:18 pm »
No, if you're using a tk2dcamera it could be doing something different on device - esp if you have set up some manual overrides. What I do know is that there is nothing that actually moves the tilemap object itself, so if that can't move it must be the camera. Or something crazy is happening, but its more likely to be the camera.

mygamingproject

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 08:46:57 pm »
All the other objects and prefabs stay in place its only the tile map which moves.  Manual override with Wildcard and Fit Height scale seems fine across editor and device for everything bar the tilemap.

Any ideas?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 10:43:12 pm »
Is the tilemap position actually moving? Have you tried printing it out? is it the same as the tilemap render data object?