Hello Guest

Author Topic: Letter Quest Remastered [Steam - Windows/Mac/Linux]  (Read 13426 times)

baconbanditgames

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Bacon Bandit Games
Letter Quest Remastered [Steam - Windows/Mac/Linux]
« on: August 13, 2015, 05:39:25 am »
Hi, I'm one-half of the two-man game dev company Bacon Bandit Games. :)

On August 5, 2015 we released Letter Quest Remastered on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/373970

Scrabble meets turn-based RPG!

Spell words to battle monsters, earn gems and use them to purchase upgrades, books, special items, potions, and much more! Letter Quest is a game about using your linguistic skills to survive. It's a turn-based RPG featuring high-res artwork, clever wordplay, and a great soundtrack.

Letter Quest was originally written in Adobe Air, and released on Steam in November 2014. Adobe Air is unable to support Linux, so in January I started porting Letter Quest to Unity, and called it Letter Quest Remastered. I did the whole port over 7 months in my evenings and weekends since I have a full-time day job too.

I used 2D Toolkit, Master Audio, Spine animation software, SRDebugger, DOTween, and Steamworks.NET - I wrote everything else myself, including a lot of small tools to help with porting over 70,000 lines of code from AS3 to C#. :)

The game has been doing well on Steam - it's been featured on the front page since it was released! I also gave the game away for free to all people that owned the original Letter Quest on Steam, and that seems to have gotten a lot of attention/press, thankfully. I somehow managed to luck out and Mr. HeartRocker, a very popular youtuber in Thailand, has done a couple of videos that have a lot of views...an unexpected bonus!

A huge thank you for making 2D Toolkit - it saved me so much time! I wrote a couple of utilities for creating different-sized assets with a few clicks, and a couple of other helpers, and it's the best workflow I've ever used! I can't wait to start working on my next game!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:16:07 pm by baconbanditgames »