Hello Guest

Author Topic: adding rigidbody generates warning: Supplied NxActorDesc is not valid. createAct  (Read 4423 times)

nachobeard

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Hello

I've been adding rigidbodies to all my moving sprites that have a collider component, so as to avoid the performance warnings that pop up in the profiler when colliders move around without a rigidbody.

However after adding the rigidbody components I'm getting a ton of warnings like this in the console:
Code: [Select]
Supplied NxActorDesc is not valid. createActor returns NULL.
UnityEngine.GameObject:SetActive(Boolean)

more specifically, whenever I deactivate the gameobject I'll see the warning in the console.
this happens with all 300+ sprites used for enemies etc in the level so it gets kind of nasty.
I'm concerned about the meaning of the message as well as any impact on performance.

I've looked around with google and the message seems related to phys-x but not much else.
I realize this isn't an issue to do with 2d toolkit itself necessarily but as a user of 2d toolkit any help is appreciated.

I'm on unity 4.7 if that helps.

thanks!!

nachobeard

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
the fix here is to switch the spritecollection to 2d physics
then go through each prefab or gameobject substituting the 3d box collider for a "box collider 2d"
this is a huge PITA and I've barely started to do it but it got rid of the messages.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That is indeed a PITA, but let me know if yuo're still stuck doing that - it should be possible to script converting it to 2D quite easily

nachobeard

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
it's done! thanks