Hello Guest

Author Topic: Fails to compile in Release Mode  (Read 6064 times)

Square

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Fails to compile in Release Mode
« on: October 30, 2016, 02:44:55 am »
I've got problems building my first Release build for a project that is nearly finished.

All the 32 errors pertain to tk2d. What can I do about a proper Release build?

Using Unity 5.4.2f2 personal, MonoDevelop-Unity and 2dToolkit 2.5.6.

http://pastebin.com/CNvaUC7R

Thanks.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fails to compile in Release Mode
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 02:37:50 pm »
Hi there, what are you building in Releae on? In MonoDevelop? Is there any particular reason you need to do that?

Square

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 09:39:41 pm »
I mentioned I am completing a project. I would like to port it from Unity, without the project in Debug.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 09:35:27 am »
I still can't see any reason to compile in Release, Unity doesn't use any of the files compiled from Monodevelop. The project file that Unity generates when you double click / select "Open C# project isn't set up for building in release, none of the defines are set.

If you really want to compile in release for some reason, you will have to fix the project file by hand, eg. right click Assembly-CSharp, Options, and copy some of the settings from debug to release. You'll have to check on the unity forums for what exactly to copy, but you can trial an error your way around it, its not too complicated.

Square

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 12:15:50 pm »
Maybe I am missing something, but my view was that a finished project for porting to Google Play Store or indeed any Unity project is preferred to be built in Release mode.

This is what I did with my last Google Play app. 2d Toolkit is throwing errors here. I'm aware some environments compile extra debugging routines when in Debug mode, thus there being a choice between Debug/Release.

I don't think I'll come up against any problems (as such) as long as I build the Unity project with valid keystore, though I assume from what you are telling me I'll not have any problems.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 01:16:45 pm »
You don't need to rebuild or even build your monodevelop project in any mode, debug or release. Unity compiles the code when you switch back to it, what happens in Monodevelop is irrelevant.

Square

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 02:52:32 pm »
I had no idea that was the process. Possibly a common misconception.

Well, thanks.