Hello Guest

Author Topic: Trying to use the Tile map Editor with Unity's Animator/Sprite System  (Read 3595 times)

treecki

• View Profile
Hi Developers!

I'm am building a top down Action RPG in Unity and bought 2D Tool Kit to basically solely use the Tile Editor for the game. I am using it but I am running into a lot of problems because 2D Tool Kit uses its own sprite rendering system and I am trying to use either both or Unity's only. I initially solved this by making all the tiles prefabs and having the editor linked to the prefabs but this is getting pretty clunky to have 2 different sets of tile editors linked to each other. I'm also having the problem of spawning objects that are bigger than 1 tile because they will get set to the middle of the object and only show one tile when in editor mode. I fixed this by adjust the anchor to be in the middle of the bottom left tile, but this is also pretty clunky.

So my question is, is there a way to get 2D Tool Kit to use its renderer with Unity's? I like using Unity's animation controller/Sprite System because I already have a lot of things set for it and have a Palette Swap Shader I want to have on every tile in the game . Also running into a lot of problems with very small gaps within the tiles, but that might be from spawning all the prefabs?