Hello Guest

Author Topic: Updated 2D Toolkit for Unity 5.6, freezes up on saving scenes  (Read 4056 times)

negative_zero

• View Profile
Hi!

I recently updated 2D Toolkit to the latest version to get it working with Unity 5.6, but now whenever I try to save my scenes they freeze up.  The first thing I noticed that is different is an "importing small assets" pop-up appears every time I save now.  It is usually on screen for about 3 or 4 seconds then it disappears, but everything freezes up.  Some of the scenes will be frozen for a few minutes but will eventually save successfully, while others I left running a half hour or more and they wouldn't save at all.  I am assuming they get stuck in some loop or something and would never finish.

Help?!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Updated 2D Toolkit for Unity 5.6, freezes up on saving scenes
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 10:21:46 pm »
Hi,

What version of 2d toolkit are you using? I have not had any similar issues with latest on 2.5.8 in both Unity 5.6 and 2017.1.

"Importing small assets" only comes up once per project for the most part. Unrelated to 2D Toolkit though, this "importing small assets" thing seems to happen much more frequently in all my projects (including those that don't use 2D Toolkit, eg. 3d projects) so I don't think its related. I have seen new (virtually empty) projects do this on each save :(

Re: the freeze, if you are on the latest version, and are still having the issue, submit a repro if possible to private support and I'll investigate.