Hello Guest

Author Topic: Sprites doesn't auto-update in atlas (after updating from 2.5.8.1 to 2.5.8.5)  (Read 6044 times)

danmerey

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Hello, I just updated 2D Toolkit from 2.5.8.1 to 2.5.8.5 and now i have strange annyoing bug:

Atlas doesn't auto-update when I change texture files (to see new picture in game I need to open SpriteCollection and press "commit", otherwise nothing will change, there will be old textures in game).

Actual result:
When I change sprite (*.PNG), it doesn't auto-update in atlas / in game. To update every sprite I change i must open SpriteCollection and press "commit" every time.

Expected result:
When I change sprite (*.PNG), it auto updates in atlas / in game (Unity loads before that for 0.5-1 sec and then sprite changes).

Steps to reproduce:
- Install 2D Toolkit 2.5.8.1
- Update 2D Toolkit to 2.5.8.5
- Create SpriteCollection, add some PNG sprites there, press "commit"
- Change PNG sprite
- Nothing will change (here's a bug)

Downgrading to 2.5.8.1 helps (bug removes), but I want to use latest version of Asset without warnings and so. This bug is very annoying, so I hope, you will fix it soon. Thanks!

I work on Unity 2017.1.0f3 Personal, use your Asset for ~3 years.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for reporting this - I will investigate. A relevant part of code was changed in 2.5.8.5, it could have introduced the bug.

danmerey

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
I checked — I have the same problem in 2.5.8.4. So it is not 2.5.8.5 bug.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I am investigating this now. Hope to have a fix for this by end of tomorrow.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi there,

Apologies for this issue - it was Windows specific, and worked fine in my OSX test environment. Here's a fix for this. Let me know if it works properly for you and I'll release the next update.

danmerey

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Hi there,

Apologies for this issue - it was Windows specific, and worked fine in my OSX test environment. Here's a fix for this. Let me know if it works properly for you and I'll release the next update.

Thanks for quick fix, that helped!