2D Toolkit > Support

2d Toolkit deprecated on store

(1/3) > >>

unikronsoftware:
Hi all,

I've decided to deprecate 2D Toolkit on the store. As previously mentioned, I will of course support those having migration issues etc. up to Unity 2018.4. I check the forum every so often - but if you need to get in touch email support!

Dinesh

baconbanditgames:
Any chance of supporting Unity 2018.4? I asked about that in another thread, and you mentioned that you would support up to Unity 2018.4, just double-checking!

2018.4 is important because it's the LTS (Long Term Support) release, and Unity will be properly supporting it with bug fixes, etc. for nearly two more years, which will give a lot of time to move over to the built-in Unity 2D.

Looking at how Unity 2017.4 has been handled for the last few years, there weren't any major changes, just bug fixes, support for necessary things like 64-bit on Android, etc. (none of which would affect 2D Toolkit, probably).

unikronsoftware:

--- Quote from: baconbanditgames on September 16, 2019, 02:36:47 pm ---Any chance of supporting Unity 2018.4? I asked about that in another thread, and you mentioned that you would support up to Unity 2018.4, just double-checking!

2018.4 is important because it's the LTS (Long Term Support) release, and Unity will be properly supporting it with bug fixes, etc. for nearly two more years, which will give a lot of time to move over to the built-in Unity 2D.

Looking at how Unity 2017.4 has been handled for the last few years, there weren't any major changes, just bug fixes, support for necessary things like 64-bit on Android, etc. (none of which would affect 2D Toolkit, probably).

--- End quote ---

I did mean 2018.4 :) Was a typo

Arnold:
Wow, this is the saddest news i had to read in a long time!  :-\

All my games are at least 75% 2DTookit and to lose such an awesome tool in the future, is really sad.
I understand your concerns and i guess there is not much fun in fighting Unity bugs instead of
improving the plugin it self. As other have asked is there any way to send you some money to support
your ongoing support for the older versions?

unikronsoftware:
@Arnold - I'm happy to support issues in older versions of unity, no need for any money - Its a shame I couldn't support newer versions of Unity moving forward. 2D Toolkit is a project very dear to me.

I have considered making it open source, if there is any interest in it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version