Hello Guest

Author Topic: Unity 4.0 and 2D Toolkit  (Read 5129 times)

theremin

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Unity 4.0 and 2D Toolkit
« on: August 22, 2012, 05:08:52 pm »
I just got an e-mail from Unity Technologies today saying that the Unity 4.0 pre-order beta is officially available for download today. I'm not going to download it yet; I'm in no particular rush. But it did remind me that I've been curious about Unity 4.0 and 2D Toolkit. Will 2D Toolkit likely support Unity 4.0 at some point? And will Unity 3.x support continue?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Unity 4.0 and 2D Toolkit
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 07:55:55 pm »
Yes, and yes :) I've had the beta for a while now and it works (1,76 patch 1 fixed one issue with the sprite animation GUI)

The main "issue" right now is that when creating a sprite collection, font or sprite animation in the new project window, you have to select the directory you create an asset in the right hand side panel - it will create it in the root if you have something selected in the left panel. You can switch to the old style project window, and there are no issues there.

The other is some annoying deprecation warnings - Ill have these sorted in the next release.

There's every chance that there could be more bugs that I'm not aware of, but let me know if you find any - Ill get em sorted.

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Unity 4.0 and 2D Toolkit
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 11:40:09 pm »
Been using 4.0 today, and other than the myriad of SetActiveRecursively deprecation warnings, everything seems to be in working order.