Hello Guest

Author Topic: Dee Music Land - Rhythm game - Video  (Read 8266 times)

edwood_grant

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Dee Music Land - Rhythm game - Video
« on: September 15, 2012, 05:15:02 pm »
Hello eveyrone n_n

Been using 2DTookit for some time, and I really like it.

Anyway, I wanted to show a game we've been working on, its called "Dee Music Land" (I'm the programer, and Diana E. Pacheco is the artist  :)). We created this game (and another, also using 2D tookit, but well keep that oine secret for now ;)). For a game development contest held in latin America by Square-Enix. We hope we can win ;D.

Since the deadline is over, and the judges are deliberating, we think we can show this video we made some time ago.
This video was made for the people at Jamendo and Bandcamp music services. We were making a rythm. The idea was to convince them to use their music services as part of the API of the game.
Since the contest also states that games should remain free, we were home free on that regard. But we would still have to convince the people from Bandcamp and Jamendo to use and approve their API. And of course we had to have a tangible proof of our work, not just and idea.

We showed them this video, and they agreed (and bandcamp gave us acces tot heir api) based on the condition that the applications remains free.  We feel thankful for that because if we wouldn't have their approval, the game would be limited severely and hamper the experience by the lack of songs to choose (You can only put so much there, and reading from mobile devices has many "license issues" that we preferred not to tackle).

That video is that video we sent to them. We hope you enjoy :).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ejvFt4lI5I

sebaslive

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Dee Music Land - Rhythm game - Video
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 10:01:25 pm »
I really like the idea of the game using bandcamp and jamendo (haven't heard of this one). I know it is still in progress but from what I saw it looks cool.  What I think still needs some updates maybe for the next showcase is mostly in the GUI and main character. Also you should put some random song in the  menu selection from the library of music with some bleep bloops to make it feel more alive.

One question.. how did you do the infinite loop so that when you fall you land back on the ground. That was nice