Hello Guest

Author Topic: Tk2d last update totally broken  (Read 6055 times)

inscene

• View Profile
Tk2d last update totally broken
« on: February 17, 2012, 11:32:58 pm »
Hello

1)

I had tk2d previous version before update. Sure I backed my project before update to Unity 3.5.
but I cant update tk2d because your awesome Triangulator.cs which is just copied from forum is modified
and with no reason because its the same like the original, you just renamed internal class with tk2d namespace
but the main namespace is Triangulator. So I have to rewrite in your classes all usage of Triangulator to get rid of it and after
another awesome update i get all my fixes broken again ? #%@@#!!!

I am using AstarPathfindingProject and your new update is colliding with this.

2)

why on earth when I put all classes in Plugins folder I get thousands of error like tk2dSpriteEditor is not valid bla bla bla...
I choose JS for primary language I know every one would say write in c# but for me is more human readably and I am working
primary on Mac so I cant use VS so than there is no benefit from that. Because MonoDevelop sucks in both languages the same.
Ok Unity organization of classes and namespaces is totally not good. But in previous versions it worked now it doesnt...

3)

OK, so Now I get it somehow working. The order of execution in Unity is really strange. I had to rearange it all manually because your Set Up for JS is not working in my case.. But now it works... Arrrgh I hate updates..
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:08:10 am by inscene »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tk2d last update totally broken
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 08:10:29 am »
Thanks for letting me know about triangulator, will change file name on the next release. I thought Id caught everything but clearly not :(

Do you know what in set up for JS didn't work? I would like to fix that if possible.

Unitys awkward handling of compilation order and lack of namespaces and relying on file names for various things is not very nice at all. Let me know if you have any issues and I'll fix it.