Hello Guest

Author Topic: Issues with platform settings in project upgrade to 1.80  (Read 5822 times)

39thstreet

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Issues with platform settings in project upgrade to 1.80
« on: November 08, 2012, 06:21:34 pm »
I'm trying to upgrade my project to 1.80 and I can't seem to get it working correctly.

First off: have to say I'm loving the design of the platform settings, really flexible, 2dtoolkit continues to impress.  Now if I only I could figure out what dumb thing I'm doing wrong!

I updating my existing collections as defaulting to 2x, with 1x as the other platform.   The collection set up worked perfectly, all my low res assets got loaded and everything looked perfect in the collection data.

Now, when I try to test the game with the preview window set to 480x320 it does not work correctly.  Here is what I'm seeing:
1. tk2dSystem.CurrentPlatform correctly gets switched to 1x.
2. The game loads the low res/1x versions of my assets correctly as well.
3. Here's what it breaks down -- all the 1x assets appear to be scaled up to be the same size as the 2x assets.  In other words, in the 480 by 320 window I see only a small crop of my scene with blurrier assets.   

Obviously what I'd expect to happen here is that the 1x assets would show at their native resolution and fill the 480 by 320 window in the same way the 2x assets fill the 960 by 640 window.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong here?  I'm not using any resolution overrides or doing anything else odd with the tk2dcamera as far as I can tell.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with platform settings in project upgrade to 1.80
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 06:31:39 pm »
That is actually expected behaviour. The sprites are scaled to be exactly the same size regardless of the platform. That means that as long as the display gets scaled correctly to display at native res, you will see 2x the detail. No need to reposition anything.

With the tk2dCamera, all you need to do is use a default override and everything else just works.

39thstreet

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with platform settings in project upgrade to 1.80
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:31:08 am »
That is actually expected behaviour. The sprites are scaled to be exactly the same size regardless of the platform. That means that as long as the display gets scaled correctly to display at native res, you will see 2x the detail. No need to reposition anything.

With the tk2dCamera, all you need to do is use a default override and everything else just works.

Oh, duh.  That makes perfect sense, thanks.