Hello Guest

Author Topic: TileMap Questions  (Read 3685 times)

Kalagaraz

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
TileMap Questions
« on: July 15, 2013, 02:16:47 am »
Couple questions regarding tilemaps:

1. Is there a way to do non-rectangular brushes? Would make painting things like trees etc... easier. Like say I have a tree in my tile sheet represented by the x's and o's are different tiles non-related to tree. I can select all the tiles with ctrl+click, but it just adds them to a list for random painting rather than a group brush.

ooooo
oxxxo
oxxxo
ooxoo
ooxoo

2. Is there a way to save brushes? (So when I have to paint trees again...)

Thanks.

profanicus

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: TileMap Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 02:45:21 am »
Pretty sure the 2.1 scratchpad feature will handle both of those, yes.

Select all your 'x' and 'o' tiles using the rectangular picker as normal, and paint them into a new scratchpad. Name it 'tree' or whatever. Then use the eraser/delete like normal to remove the 'o' bits from the tiles in the scratchpad. Then you can 'select all' on the scratchpad whenever you want to paint the tree. All your scratchpads are saved between sessions.

Kalagaraz

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: TileMap Questions
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 08:50:13 pm »
Pretty sure the 2.1 scratchpad feature will handle both of those, yes.

Select all your 'x' and 'o' tiles using the rectangular picker as normal, and paint them into a new scratchpad. Name it 'tree' or whatever. Then use the eraser/delete like normal to remove the 'o' bits from the tiles in the scratchpad. Then you can 'select all' on the scratchpad whenever you want to paint the tree. All your scratchpads are saved between sessions.

Yep, perfect. Thanks  8)