Hello Guest

Author Topic: [tk2d 1.9]Error - Sprite collection 'Test' has no sprites  (Read 4820 times)

amirbilu

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
[tk2d 1.9]Error - Sprite collection 'Test' has no sprites
« on: July 16, 2013, 03:27:26 pm »
Hello,

My team and I are experiencing some issues with tk2d 1.9.
We have worked on tk2d 1.9 for a few monthes now on our current project, and have faced an issue where the graphic artist was unable to create new sprite collections, claiming that 1.9 was broken in that regard.
I am the programmer in the team, and admittedly, I have not much experience with the graphical part of using tk2d outside of the code myself, but I have searched Google for this issue and come across your user manual for version 1.9.
The user manual easily explains how to make a new sprite collection, which I have followed and done, however, when I try adding a sprite component to a gameobject from the collection I have just created, I get faced with the error shown in the attached image, saying that the collection has no sprites in it.

I have also connected the Test prefab object to the Data Object field in the collection editor, which was the only noticable difference I have seen between our collection and the collections we already had that worked, as shown in the 2nd attached image.

Searching for this specific error on Google wielded no results at all.

I would much appreciate an answer to this issue that's interfering with our work schedule.

Thanks much!

P.S.
We have tried before upgrading to tk2d 2, but that gives us even more trouble than its' worth because of the change of the underlying system resetting all the graphics in our game, and we would like to avoid upgrading, if at all possible, until the next project we work on.

amirbilu

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: [tk2d 1.9]Error - Sprite collection 'Test' has no sprites
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 03:31:27 pm »
After posting, I have also noticed that we had a few errors in the console that I'm not sure at which part have popped up.
They're probably relevant, but I can't really tell much since they don't link to a run time script, but happen during editting(We have not run the game at all during the course explained in the last post).
Image of errors is attached.

Thanks again.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 11:11:56 pm »
Is metadata corrupt in your project? Try running the integrity checker.
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/forum/index.php/topic,1685.0.html

That might explain some of the weirdness you're experiencing.
Also, do you have any collection filenames with non-ascii characters in the filename?

amirbilu

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 04:09:55 pm »
The integrity checker came back successful.

And no, all collections we currently have are named in proper English and only have ascii characters in their names.

Any other ideas? =\

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 06:47:37 pm »
Hmmmm... Can you try and create a repro project for me? Duplicate the current project, and start deleting things until you have the bare minimum required to reproduce the issue. If anything, you might find out whats causing the issue while you create this project. If you do, email support at unikronsoftware dot com.