Hello Guest

Author Topic: [2.1] Rearrange the tilemap palette  (Read 5180 times)

Sundaerae

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
[2.1] Rearrange the tilemap palette
« on: August 02, 2013, 06:14:39 am »
It is said in the document that "Don't worry if your tiles don't appear in the correct order, we can use some other features to help out there." but I can't find any option that allow me to switch around the tile in the palette. Help please?

profanicus

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: [2.1] Rearrange the tilemap palette
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 07:37:02 am »
It's probably referring to the scratchpad, check out the reference for a quick run-down on it.

Sundaerae

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 03:36:18 am »
hmm... I don't really understand how to use the scratchpad, I can put tiles in there, but how to save it, or use it as my current palette?

profanicus

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 04:52:56 am »
You don't really use scratchpads as your current palette, they are a separate additional system that achieves the same result. They act like mini-tilemaps. You can make as many as you want, name them, make them different sizes, and they are all saved automatically. They allow you to separate your one big palette out into lots of mini-palettes containing whatever custom arrangements of tiles you want.

The same controls work in the scratchpad as on the main tilemap - so you know how you can use the Alt key (the eyedropper) to 'pick up' tiles from your tilemap and paint with them? Scratchpads work the same way - hold Alt and click or drag-select on the scratchpad to select tiles from one, then paint with those tiles. Or select the whole scratchpad with 'Select All' or the Enter key.

They work well with keyboard controls as well:
1. press Tab
2. type the first few letters of the scratchpad name (or use the up/down arrow keys)
3. press Enter
4. now your brush contains all of the tiles from that scratchpad ready to be painted into your main tilemap
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 04:54:56 am by profanicus »