Hello Guest

Author Topic: Multi-sprite collection scale bug  (Read 3205 times)

artician

• View Profile
Multi-sprite collection scale bug
« on: March 03, 2014, 05:41:51 pm »
Hi, I have this reoccurring issue.  I have too many sprites for a character to fit on one Atlas/Collection, so I have to use two separate collections to store everything.

The problem I'm encountering is that, at runtime, any sprites from the second collection always appear at a different scale than those in the first Collection.  All animations are kept in the same animation file, and both collections are set to the same scale within their collections.

The sprites in the first collection are at a scale of (0.3,0.3,1), so I set the sprites in the second collection to the same scale: (0.3,0.3,1). 
The result of this is that sprites from the second collection appear about 0.1 of the overall scale, instead of the same scale as sprites from the first collection.
Through trial and error I discovered that the only way to get sprites used from the second collection to appear the same is to set that collection at a scale of (0.81, 0.81, 1) exactly.

One factor that may be involved is that I am using the Set Sprite Scale function on the animated sprites in order to flip them on X, so a few times in the project they will go from (1,1,1) to (-1,1,1), however no other scaling is done on these assets, and I am using the 2dTk functions exclusively for this.

Since I have the above workaround it's not stopping me from moving forward, but I'd still like to report the issue/resolve it if possible.  Thank you for any help!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-sprite collection scale bug
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 11:37:22 am »
Are you absolutely sure the pixels per meter is exactly the same in both collections? It sounds suspicious its 0.1 the size.