Hello Guest

Author Topic: UI Interface without mouse  (Read 3527 times)

zeteginara

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
UI Interface without mouse
« on: March 11, 2014, 10:18:52 pm »
So, I've been looking over various UI information on 2Dtoolkit and the Unity Stock stuff, and it looks like all of the UI features involve creating buttons, and clicking those buttons with a mouse. 

I'm making an old-school RPG type of game, where you hit a button to go into a open an in-game menu and select options with a gamepad or keyboard.  Think Dragon Quest or Earthbound.  Is there anything in 2dToolkit to support that?

My initial thought is to make a tilemap that's a child of the camera, and build it manually, but that's work I might not have to do.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:21:47 am by zeteginara »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: UI Interface without mouse
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 11:38:08 am »
Why tile map?
You can create a "panel" with the UI stuff, that is shown or hidden when you click on a button to open the in game menu. tk2d doesn't have focus support at the moment so pure keyboard only interfaces might be a pain, but you can pretty much create anything you like for a mouse / touch driven UI.

zeteginara

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 01:14:01 pm »
A tile map I can easily 'draw' custom menu sizes, which is especially useful in an old styled JRPG that has lots of menus.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 01:33:13 pm »
I suppose you could do that.... You will probably want to write your own UI code for that though, as the tk2d UI system will not know anything about the tile map.