Hello Guest

Author Topic: LitBlendVertexColor broken in Unity 5?  (Read 6231 times)

ArcaneTheWoof

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
LitBlendVertexColor broken in Unity 5?
« on: March 04, 2015, 11:39:50 pm »
So I'm using 2DTookit's tilemap system for developing maps in my game. I just upgraded to Unity 5 and everything seems to be working as expected, except for the lighting. When I switch the tilemap shader to LitBlendVertexColor, I get weird graphical artifacts (screenshot attached). Any ideas?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: LitBlendVertexColor broken in Unity 5?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 01:42:11 pm »
I don't get that at all. In any case I've removed all the legacy shader support and uploaded a new version to the asset store, try that version when it gets approved.

Doghelmer

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 05:47:10 am »
To anyone experiencing this issue-- I was able to fix it by checking "Premultiplied Alpha" in my Sprite Collection.

This was still occurring for me with the March 7th asset store build, after deleting (hopefully) all traces of 2D Toolkit and re-importing.  I wasn't able to get the issue to occur on a clean project, so I'm not sure what the deal is..

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 11:11:00 am »
:(
I'll put that one down to unity being unity...

ArcaneTheWoof

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 07:43:21 am »
To anyone experiencing this issue-- I was able to fix it by checking "Premultiplied Alpha" in my Sprite Collection.

This was still occurring for me with the March 7th asset store build, after deleting (hopefully) all traces of 2D Toolkit and re-importing.  I wasn't able to get the issue to occur on a clean project, so I'm not sure what the deal is..

Thanks, dude. I just checked back in on this thread after downloading the latest build and found your response, and it worked perfectly. I was not able to get the bug to stop happening in a clean project, so I'm not sure what the dealio is either. Sidenote: since I'm using premultiplied alpha in the tileset, should I be using the UnlitPremul shader instead of UnlitBlend?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 07:55:34 am »
Yes, if you're using premul you should use a matching premul shader :)

NoradZero

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 02:51:15 pm »
Thanks for this ! It fixed another issue.

Neeko

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Overdeveloped
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 11:21:42 pm »

Worked for me as well, thanks!