Hello Guest

Author Topic: Apple TV Build Size - Remove @1x platform support at build time?  (Read 3947 times)

madclouds

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Hello,

I'm working on submitting my game to the Apple TV App Store.  Unfortunately I keep getting this message when uploading a build:

Thinned App Size is Too Large - The app bundle at /Payload/yarn-apple-tv.app exceeds the maximum allowable size. After app thinning, your tvOS app bundle must be less than 200MB.

My game currently support @1x and @2x resolutions.  In an attempt to thin out the build size, I was wondering if there was a way I could exclude the @1x assets from my Apple TV build without having to manually go in each Sprite Collection and deleting the @1x platform support.

Any other thoughts on how I may be able to thin out my build size?  I'd really like something like #if UNITY_TVOS - exclude @1x resources from build.  Then when I switch platforms, I wouldn't have to worry about re-adding @2x support. 

Here are my stats:

Rejected Build
IPA size: 141.8 MB
Payload Folder Size: 352.3 MB
Application File Size: 352.3 MB
OnDemandResources Folder Size: 0 MB
Re-zipped Without Application File: 0 MB

Cheers,
Erik
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 05:35:01 pm by madclouds »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Apple TV Build Size - Remove @1x platform support at build time?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 12:38:05 am »
tk2d loads @1x and @2x sprites from Assets/Resources/tk2d
By parsing the content in there (by loading as assets), you'll be able to figure out what each asset points to (1x asset, 2x asset, etc).

To create a build without any 1x data, all you'll need to do is the above, identify all bits of data to get rid of, move the assets OUT of the resources folder. You can then build, and once you're done building move those assets back. You should be able to script the entire thing.