Hello Guest

Author Topic: top down angled perspective (zelda-esque) - different sorting order for tilemap?  (Read 4396 times)

radu

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
What would be the easiest way to have a angled top/down perspective where my characters can go in front or behind a wall (that's part of a tilemap)?

I could work with the sorting layer/sort order for individual sprites, but the tilemap seems to be batching the walls and not sure how to play with the sorting order.

Is there a way to say something like descending (top to bottom) draw order and then I can change the ordering on my character sprite depending on the position so it's in front or behind walls?

Also, how would I figure out my main character sprite is behind a specific section of the tilemap so I can make it a bit transparent? Once again, it looks like the colliders are batched as well into edge colliders.

Thanks!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It isn't officially supported but this thread explains how you can modify the code to sort order per row and have your characters fit in the same ordering sequence.
http://2dtoolkit.com/forum/index.php/topic,447.msg2041.html#msg2041

Janooba

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Sorry to bump an old thread, but the link you posted is broken now

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The link is working, but its in the private support forum. You'll need to register your copy to get access.